HTML Paragraph Tag
<p> is used to add paragraph into the web pages.
Characteristics of HTML Paragraph Tag :-
- Always starts from a new line and browsers automatically adds some margins before and after the paragraphs.
- By default the display of the
<p>tag is block which you can change using CSS.
- Have both opening and closing tags.
- Different display results for different sized screens.
- The browser itself removes the extra spaces and lines. Therefore you cannot format a paragraph using white spaces.
- The align attribute on
<p>tag is obsolete i.e. don’t use it.
For Example :
<p> This paragraph contains a lot of lines in the source code, but the browser ignores it. </p> <p> This paragraph contains a lot of spaces in the source code, but the browser ignores it. </p> <p> The number of lines in a paragraph depends on the size of the browser window. </p>
Watch HTML headings video (with examples) on YouTube – Click here
HTML Heading tag – Click here
HTML Paragraph formatting tags – Click here